It is with great pleasure the SVGS community celebrates the arrival of two Romanian teachers and ten Romanian students to the United States on October 4th, 2013 for our annual Romanian Exchange . This group represents “Colegiul National “Mihai Viteazul” in Bucharest and will arrive in our area on October 5th and return home October 14th.
Host families are needed to make this program a success and we would love for you to consider making room for a short term stay in your home that will expose our guests to normal family life in our region.
What does my family need to do?
- Provide your guest(s) with a clean bed, access to a bathroom and a welcoming smile!
- Arrange for transportation to and from SVGS, home school, and school events (don’t forget parental permission as needed to alter carpooling numbers in your cars!)
- Host students are asked to attend at least one of the SVGS field trips with our guest(s)
- Meet with other host families prior to guest arrival (Future date and location will be determined by your availability)
- All field trip costs for our Romanian guest(s) are provided by SVGS
- Guests are required to pay for incidentals.
- Costs for activities the host families decide to do together would be the expense of the host family. (Please let me know if this is an issue for you!)
- Any meals at home with your family
What are the benefits?
- You immediately become the consummate “host” or “hostess” of the Shenandoah Valley and get to take “field trips” to sites in our area- perhaps that you have longed to see again!
- By getting to know your guests, students are exposing themselves to a new culture that will help them navigate the world around them with a bit more finesse!
- By serving as a host student/family, students are insuring their place as a top candidate in our Spring Break exchange to Romania!
- And…. You are creating a connection that will last a lifetime!
As always, we look forward to hearing from you with your questions and concerns. Feel free to contact Daniela Sava(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lee Ann Whitesell (email@example.com) with questions.